Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Preparation


My boyfriend Chad and I enrolled ourselves in a marriage preparation course: A Marriage in the Lord - For a Lifelong Marriage. We would be attending a classroom session for four Wednesdays (should have been five; we enrolled late). I thought I'd share with you some insights from the course.

PEPP is the acronym to remember. These are what's important in marriage.

Primacy - While not married yet, I can say I might have been guilty of not putting my future marriage over any other relationship. It is taught (and I am certain it is just but right), that marriage is a primary relationship.

Empowerment - I have heard and I know a few couples who keep dating after being married for years. One of my soon-to-be Ninong (i.e. wedding sponsor) even celebrates monthsaries (as with anniversaries) with his wife. Some couples do stuff together: like sports, arts, etc.

Protection- Who else are expected to protect the marriage but the husband and the wife. Each of them may be faced with problems and pressures from various sources, including friends and family from both sides. It is said that for a marriage to succeed, it should remain the most important relationship in their lives.

Prayer - God's help is a must for building a good marriage. My mom always says that we should put God in the center of our relationship.

I am sure it is very easy to forget the above, especially when one is caught up with other tasks and responsibilities in his/her life. So while I can, I would repeat and repeat and repeat this to myself... and hope that I be reminded as I go along.

PEPP... PEPP... PEPP...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bermuda
I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift so I thought about sharing my thoughts over the net. I must say I have been wanting to do this for sometime... this free resource just made me want to do this more! =) I am an overseas worker whose home is on the other side of the planet. I have not gone home since I arrived here. Hopefully by the end of this year, I will get to share with you my first homecoming experience. I hope you enjoy reading... and I could not go without saying, THANKS for dropping by. :)

Am I excited or what?


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Free Hit Counters