Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's easy not to work hard.

Having been together for almost seven years now, Chad and I get to the point that it's at times easier to be indifferent of the other rather than ask, "what's wrong?". For instance, when I think I did nothing wrong, even though I feel that he's not okay with something (which I do not know what or... let's say I have a hint, but do not want to confirm it, just to avoid the argument), I'd rather be silent about it, and try to act as if everything's normal. A world of make believe could be better than to confront the truth.

Certainly, that's not what we were taught in the pre-marriage course. I still remember the facilitators highlighting COMMUNICATION as the most important ingredient of a lasting relationship. And I still remember them saying it's not gonna be easy... it's real work... it's hard work.

They say experience is the best teacher... Bingo! Now I am starting to get a bird's eye view of what hard work means. Who knows what more awaits us in the long journey we're about to take...
photo: Random bride and groom at Smith's Bay... taken by my friend Alveen

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bermuda
I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift so I thought about sharing my thoughts over the net. I must say I have been wanting to do this for sometime... this free resource just made me want to do this more! =) I am an overseas worker whose home is on the other side of the planet. I have not gone home since I arrived here. Hopefully by the end of this year, I will get to share with you my first homecoming experience. I hope you enjoy reading... and I could not go without saying, THANKS for dropping by. :)

Am I excited or what?


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Free Hit Counters