Friday, May 1, 2009

Marriage Preparation (Part II)

Chad and I completed the second phase of the Marriage Preparation Course that we enrolled into. This time, it's a teaching session (with interview) with a priest. Realized there's much to learn and that however easy it is to hear/imagine the theories, it's always not effortless to put them into practice.

Here's to share some rules and tools for a Great Marriage:
  1. Make your spouse a priority
  2. Accept differences
  3. Listen
  4. Compliment daily
  5. Work as a team
  6. Mind your manners (this could be hard when you are already very comfortable with each other)
  7. Watch less TV (now I am guilty!!!!)
  8. Find time for fun
  9. Do the little things (this is really effective for all relationships)
  10. Think positive
  11. Fight fair and look for the win-win situation
  12. Forgive
  13. God to bed at the same time
  14. Develop mutual friends
  15. Date
  16. Pray together
Read #13.

Fr. Joe (the priest) asked me to read it twice, and I was mistaken... twice!!!
I wouldn't want you to ever miss that in your relationships the way that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bermuda
I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift so I thought about sharing my thoughts over the net. I must say I have been wanting to do this for sometime... this free resource just made me want to do this more! =) I am an overseas worker whose home is on the other side of the planet. I have not gone home since I arrived here. Hopefully by the end of this year, I will get to share with you my first homecoming experience. I hope you enjoy reading... and I could not go without saying, THANKS for dropping by. :)

Am I excited or what?


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Free Hit Counters