Friday, February 20, 2009

The Fall

When I first got here in the island, I was provided with accommodation at Rosemont Guest Apartments. I stayed there for one month. Of course, I got pictures of the place including a tree which I liked to look at before going to my unit after work.

I browsed over the website of The Bermuda Sun this morning and was shocked with the picture I saw. It was that tree but no longer standing! The clip reads:
A 150-year-old Poinciana tree blocked the way to a number of rooms at the Rosemont Guesthouse after Monday evening’s storm ripped it from the ground. Winds of 68 knots felled the tree at about 10:45pm Monday, but caused little peripheral damage. *Photo by Mark Kennedy

It was sad to see an old tree fall like that. My consolation is that I took a picture of it while it was standing. Who would have thought it would fall a few months after!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bermuda
I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift so I thought about sharing my thoughts over the net. I must say I have been wanting to do this for sometime... this free resource just made me want to do this more! =) I am an overseas worker whose home is on the other side of the planet. I have not gone home since I arrived here. Hopefully by the end of this year, I will get to share with you my first homecoming experience. I hope you enjoy reading... and I could not go without saying, THANKS for dropping by. :)

Am I excited or what?


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Free Hit Counters