Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sakal, Kasali, Kasalo, Sakali

I got engaged last February 14. I've been with my steady for six years and eight months. We do not have a date yet but since we are scheduled to go home this December, we might as well get married then. As much as I wanted the big day to be on our anniversary (June) next year, it is just not practical especially considering the airfare and the status of our employment here in the island (we're kinda scared of being laid-off due to the financial crisis - we are both accounting for hedge funds afterall!).

SAKAL, KASALI
In every wedding that we attended, we always get the questions, "E kayo, guys? Kelan ang kasal?"("How about you guys? When's the wedding?")... or any other way of asking us when we'll tie the knot ("sakal" - yes you read it right and there was no transposition - I always believe that wedding is about commitment). I think most of our friends have been wanting us to get married more than the two of us actually do. I used to answer, "5 years from now... and it doesn't change from year to year". Guess it changed almost five years ago! Hehehe

Surely it will be hard to do the preps for the wedding while in a faraway land. Technology would help a lot but I am certain we'll would be bothering a lot of our family and friends for help. Most would volunteer I suppose (we've been getting volunteers since forever as a matter of fact. And we'd greatly appreciate the privilege of a hand! Most likely if you are a friend of mine reading this, you'd likely be "kasali"!

KASALO
I am currently busy with the list - the list of the invites, that is! I am positive I'll have problems with that as I have quite a number of friends (as far as the two of us are concerned). It'll be hard to shortlist if necessary (due to budget constraints). And as much as we want to invite all of them, we also prefer a simple and solemn wedding. We really need to decide on who we want as "kasalo" on that special day.

SAKALI
In case ("sakali") our plans push through, I'll post updates here. I was actually thinking whether I should use the blog as the wedsite as well. But I like this blog to be a personal thing for me (between my fiance and myself that is). I dont mind him reading my posts here, but I prefer him not to. I just like to think of it as: that in having separate networlds, we exercise our individuality. As much as we enjoy being with each other (he's beside me most of the time I am writing this; I dont think he's looking anyway.). So I am more inclined to create a wedsite. I'll post the link when available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bermuda
I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift so I thought about sharing my thoughts over the net. I must say I have been wanting to do this for sometime... this free resource just made me want to do this more! =) I am an overseas worker whose home is on the other side of the planet. I have not gone home since I arrived here. Hopefully by the end of this year, I will get to share with you my first homecoming experience. I hope you enjoy reading... and I could not go without saying, THANKS for dropping by. :)

Am I excited or what?


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Free Hit Counters