Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cooking and Me

I love food! I like to eat! But cooking? It does not go with it! I never liked cooking!

As I was growing up, my Mom would sometimes ask for help in the kitchen. I would be willing to do the preparations: I'd chop the onion, the pork, the tomatoes, name it, I'll chop it! I'll beat the eggs, peel the veggies, and I'll even end up cleaning up the mess my Mom made. But watch her do the cooking, or actually help her "cooking"... na-ah!

Some people would be able to relate... some say, they don't like to cook because it's hot to be near the fire, so it's okay to do when it's wintertime. Some say they don't like cooking but they love to bake! Or do desserts! But none, none of these other stuff, I like to do!

Maybe because I am not good at it. Well, I try... to the best of my abilities, I would say. I initially thought I just need some practice! But it just isn't natural of me to cook! Not that I'm not able to cook good food at all... actually, I sometimes do... nevertheless, I still do not enjoy cooking! Does it really require talent? Or is it just because I am not passionate about it, that I do not get the fruits of my toil (toil=perfect word!)?

But there are just things in life we have to do, whether we like it or not! That I realize as I go older... While we always have another choice, i.e. in my case, to not cook, we sometimes end up choosing what we don't really like. Why? Because we have to, out of responsibility, out of necessity, but not because we have no choice.

So while I never really, really liked cooking, I just did three dishes today... my whole Sunday afternoon was all about something I do not like to do... Oh well! There are always some things that I want which I can do afterwards. Like end up here in my keyboard (my boyfriend's doing the dishes this time ;p).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bermuda
I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift so I thought about sharing my thoughts over the net. I must say I have been wanting to do this for sometime... this free resource just made me want to do this more! =) I am an overseas worker whose home is on the other side of the planet. I have not gone home since I arrived here. Hopefully by the end of this year, I will get to share with you my first homecoming experience. I hope you enjoy reading... and I could not go without saying, THANKS for dropping by. :)

Am I excited or what?


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Free Hit Counters